On Labor Day weekend, one of our resident Magic players posed a simple question – if he brought seven players with him to the shoppe, and wanted to just do a simple, no frills booster draft, what would it cost?
To be clear, no frills really means no prize support. We still register the event with Wizards of the Coast, manage the rounds, and provide rulings when needed.
So we ran the numbers, and came up with an aggressive price – $7.48 per person with an 8 person minimum. After taxes, that hits $8.00 per person.
Everyone seemed to have a good time, so we've decided to try it out as a regular offering in the store.
Some ground rules:
- This is for exactly eight players. On-Duty Staffers can't jump in to fill in numbers for you.
- This is valid for any set we have in stock with a current price of $3.99 per booster pack.
- The discount is intended to encourage folks to hang out and play in the store, so please don't buy and bolt.
- You must have, or be willing to register for, a DCI number. We can do that on the spot, but it's required to officially fire off a draft event in our system.
- This is a non-discountable event. No Employee, Community Hero, or other discounts can be applied.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask one of our Staffers.